Software and Hardware requirements
Since ProgDVB was written for x86/x64 systems this software will only work with the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Software which you will need installed before using ProgDVB:
- ProgDVB requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or higher, you can download it here
- ProgTV requires full Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.0, you can download it here.
- DirectX v.8.0 or higher.
- MPEG-2 Video DirectShow codec (ProgDVB installer includes the Elecard shareware codec)
- H.264/AVC codec if you want to watch DVB-S2 or HD channels.
Your PC must have sufficient hardware resources to be able to run ProgDVB. Minimum hardware requirements are:
- Intel Pentium III Processor 500 MHz or better for SD channels.
- Intel Pentium 4 Processor 4.0 GHz or better for HD channels.
- 512 MB memory on board.
- 50 MB of disk space (plus the space required for Video&Audio Recording).
- SVGA Videocard Adapter with 32 MB onboard memory.
- SoundBlaster compatible sound card.
- Network adapter (100 Mb) for broadcasting
Naturally, you will require one of the ProgDVB compatible DVB cards and a satellite dish of sufficient size installed and tuned to the required satellite for receiving the DVB-S/DVB-S2 broadcast.